We’re assembling collection of job descriptions for a wide array of innovation-related roles, including in the aerospace and defense industries. We hope it’ll be useful as you’re trying to build out your own innovation team — or to see how other companies describe what innovation means to them, who innovation leaders report to, etc.
You can help. E-mail us with job descriptions you’ve seen, or used at your organization.
Chief Innovations Officer, ITT Exelis
- The Chief Innovations Officer (CIO) is responsible for managing the innovation process within the workforce to identify strategies and new technologies and then implement those efforts.
Major Job Activities:
- Originates new ideas but also recognizes innovative ideas generated by other people.
- Lead Focus Groups that involve functional level employees who are most likely to recognize redundancy or inefficiency and surface avenues for correction/improvement.
- Provide keen understanding and demonstrate success in identifying and driving change through collaborative efforts in a high performance organization.
- Plan, organize and implement a program which supports Company innovation initiative goals.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.