Innovation Leader (“IL”) is a membership-based information service published by Innovation Leader, Inc.
All information collected will be handled with care in accordance with IL’s information management guidelines and respect for your privacy. IL endeavors to comply with all laws and regulations that apply to the collection and use of personal information, including but not limited to U.S. privacy laws and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What Type of Information Does IL Collect?
There are several ways we may collect information from or about you, including through information you provide to us directly or information that we automatically or passively collect.
Information You Provide
The personal information collected by IL may include:
- Name, mailing address, phone number(s), email address, company or organization, financial information, demographic information, and more.
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information. Please note, we do not retain credit card information.
We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you join IL or create an account – your username, password, and other demographic information that you provide.
- If you purchase from IL – what you buy, and how frequently you buy.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information that you provide and information about subjects that may interest you.
Information We Automatically Collect
- Website Use Information. We may automatically collect website use information when you visit our site. This may include information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support our website. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically. We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our online services, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
How Does IL Use Information About You?
IL may use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including to:
- Allow us to process orders, registrations, and customer service inquiries.
- Communicate with you about your orders, purchases, accounts, and requests for information.
- Provide you with information about products and services we offer.
- Address problems with the website or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business.
We also use anonymous or aggregated information to allow us to audit site usage, create marketing profiles, manage our relationship with advertisers, and to provide support services to us. This processing may involve profiling – for example to create audiences based on demographic or location-based information for marketing and customization.
We will have a lawful basis for processing your data if:
- We need to process your information in order to provide you with the products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing, modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends;
- We are legally obliged to process it.
Does IL Share Personal Information With Third Parties?
We do not share your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the website, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Selected Advertisers: We sometimes work with advertisers or sponsors to provide content or related services to you. In such instances the advertiser or sponsor may contact you directly, and we endeavor to clearly disclose this relationship so you can decide whether to participate or engage with the content or services.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
How Long is Personal Information Retained For?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services; and after that, we will keep the personal information for a reasonable period of time, which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to your account.
How is Personal Information Secured?
IL maintains appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these steps to protect your personal information as much as we reasonably can, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any storage of data, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of the website and services. You may update, amend, or delete your account information and/or preferences at any time by:
- Following the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
- Signing in to your IL account, if you have one, and visiting the Your Account page to manage your preferences and to update your personal information.
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have additional rights under applicable data protection laws. If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling (855-585-0800.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your personal data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us as set forth above. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
Please note that if you make any changes or update your account, these will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time; however, we may retain certain data when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
You may decline to share certain personal data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the website.
Cookies and Tracking Options
Il or its partners may place one or more online tracking technologies, such as a “cookie,” in the browser files of your computer. A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored on your computer; it can help identify your browser during interaction with Web sites.
The cookie(s) may be used to provide a more personalized experience, track your preferences, conduct research, assist in identifying fraud, track your historical use of IL, limit your access to certain products, if necessary, and more.
Cookies may also be used to manage the advertisements presented to you. These advertising cookies may be placed and managed by third-parties with whom IL works. These partners may use Information about your visits to IL and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Cookies may also be used to collect Web viewing data to serve online interest-based advertising, also known as online “behavioral advertising.” You can opt-out of this behavioral targeting; for more information, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website.
By joining IL, you agree that IL may identify your company as a “member” or “subscriber,” and may use your company logo on the IL Website and in other marketing promotions. Your logo can be removed by simply emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
PO Box 588
Ipswich MA 01938