We’re assembling collection of job descriptions for a wide array of innovation-related roles, including in professional services. We hope it’ll be useful as you’re trying to build out your own innovation team — or to see how other companies describe how innovation organizations are structured, who innovation leaders report to, etc.
You can help. E-mail us with job descriptions you’ve seen, or used at your organization.
Innovation & Crowdsourcing Strategist, Booz Allen
Work as an innovation and crowdsourcing strategist in a newly created innovation strategy and crowdsourcing team within the Strategic Innovation Group (SIG) at Booz Allen. Support and lead business management strategies and product and service innovation across commercial and government markets. Lead the creation of strategies and implementation of new technology solutions identified by clients to assess or build innovation competencies within their organizations. Develop long-term strategies for the crowdsourcing program and translate them into an achievable road map, define business and technology priorities, and identify new technologies to support crowdsourced innovator. Manage software development teams and vendors to build and deploy software solutions and develop business cases for key technology decisions. Partner with stakeholders across multiple departments to communicate product and service innovation goals, strategies, intellectual property issues, and industry opportunities and serve as an expert advisor on innovation strategy by working closely with the teams and clients, including technical, engineering, and marketing teams to share business and operational success insights stemming from crowdsourced innovation.
- Basic Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience with consulting in a government or commercial sector with at least 1+ of those years with managing operations teams
- Experience with thought leadership on problem deconstruction
- Ability to quickly and completely understand strategic questions, gather relevant information, perform necessary analyses, and develop insightful opinions
- Ability to manage diverse and opinionated stakeholder groups through complex decisions
- Ability to work in a team being constructively challenged by colleagues
- Ability to show attention to detail
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree required
- Additional Qualifications:
- Experience with IT or in a technical field a plus
- Experience with managing a large-scale operations team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with managing remote employees
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of operations research techniques
- Ability to show proven track of record of launching, testing, documenting, and evaluating new campaigns and initiatives in the field of organizing and technology
- Possession of excellent analytical thinking skills in metrics creation and project management and organizational skills
- Possession of excellent persuasive presentation skills geared towards influencing and shaping innovation within an organization
- MBA or MA or MS degree in Engineering, Operations Science, Information Science, CS, Engineering, or a related field in lieu of 3+ years of experience in innovation work preferred; PhD degree a plus
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Corporate Innovation Senior Manager, Deloitte
The Innovation Group at Deloitte focuses on sensing emerging trends and incubating breakthrough services and service delivery platforms. This is a critical part of Deloitte’s overall growth strategy. “Sensing” entails identifying and monitoring signals around emerging developments across key domains including technology, regulations, globalization, economics and social behavior. Furthermore, it involves using these signals to develop calls-for-action and identify breakthrough opportunities to support executive decision making. “Incubation” entails investigating breakthrough opportunities to develop new businesses and service deliver platforms for Deloitte. It involves developing investment theses, designing proof-of-concepts for new services, and identifying new acquisition and partnership opportunities for Deloitte.
- A Senior Manager of Innovation leads specific programs and projects that focus on service delivery transformation and new business acceleration. Programs and projects can run across or be focused on or within any one of Deloitte’s four specific functional businesses; Attest & Enterprise Risk Services, Tax, Consulting or Financial Advisory Services, or may also be focused on channels or services that cross functional businesses.
- Innovation programs and projects can span ideation, incubation, commercialization and deployment of new ways of delivering services, new business models and/or new products/services in new and existing businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Manager will provide day-to-day leadership and program management that will include the design, development, execution of proofs-of-concepts and pilots; development of investment theses and business cases; and detailed business, investment and organizational plans.
- Manage large, complicated innovation programs and projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate and build relationships with Deloitte business leaders.
- Provide deep thinking and content on top business issues.
- Facilitate discussions with Deloitte’s senior executives; be able to build consensus and plan for change management
- Manage teams of 5-10 professionals and foster a positive work environment.
- Take responsibility for developing the careers of junior team members.
- Work with key stakeholder groups to build cross-functional relationships.
- Develop high degree of trust with key internal client base.
Qualifications and Skills
- Senior professional with minimum 10 years relevant experience
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree(s) from Top tier program
- Prior Fortune 500 internal strategy or innovation group or strategy and/or innovation and/or management consulting experience; ideally with direct knowledge of professional services industry
- A critical and creative thinker but also execute on the details; outstanding analytical, research and presentation skills
- A broad understanding of technology, with specific knowledge of or interest in how technology can be used to transform the way professional and other business services are delivered (e.g., artificial intelligence, automation, etc.)
- Track record of leading and advising senior leaders on transformation programs
- Ability to seamlessly interact with firm leaders and their project teams
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills. Able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
- High degree of self-confidence, poise, maturity, discretion, diplomacy and empathy
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information