The Field Study is not a conference. There are no keynotes. There is no PowerPoint. There is no tradeshow, and vendors are not invited.
The Field Study is a chance to get together with a small group of your peers — the executives doing innovation at large corporations — to hear their approaches, discuss your challenges, visit corporate innovation labs, meet disruptive startups, and network in a safe environment.
(Sorry, service providers and consultants: We love you, but we are only allowing innovation executives to register for this event.)
Our two objectives:
1. Make the Field Study the most useful and participatory forum you’ve ever attended; and
2. Connect you to peers who are dealing with similar challenges, so they can learn from you, and you can learn from them.
Our “Field Guides” will include:
- 7-Eleven ($76 billion; private) VP Innovation Robert Chumley
- Boston Children’s Hospital ($2.2 billion; nonprofit) Chief Innovation Officer Naomi Fried
- Brown Brothers Harriman ($20 billion under management) SVP Innovation Phil Swisher
- Constant Contact (NASDAQ:CTCT; $285 million) Chief Innovation Architect Andy Miller
- dunnhumby (subsid. Tesco, LSE:TSCO; $108 billion) Global Investment Head Dave Balter
- EMC (NYSE:EMC; $23.2 billion) Innovation Network Head Calvin Smith
- Fidelity Center for Applied Tech (private; $1.7 trillion under mgmt) SVP Sean Belka
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ; $71 billion) Boston Innovation Center Head Robert Urban
- Kayak.com (NASDAQ:KYAK; $292 billion) founder; Blade Incubator founder Paul English
- Shell Technology Ventures (LSE:RDSA; $451 billion) Sr. Venture Principal Carl Stjernfeldt
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK; $11 billion) VP Innovation Steven Phillips
- Techstars (private) VP Dave Drach
- Turner Broadcasting (NYSE:TWX; $29.8 billion) VP Emerging Technology Balaji Gopinath
- VMware (NYSE:VMW; $4.6 billion) former VP Innovation Julia Austin
And attendees include senior innovation executives (VPs, Global Directors, and Managing Directors) from companies such as Clorox, Panasonic, Goodyear, Marsh & McLennan, and others, including airlines, retailers, financial services companies, global media companies, and more. Come join them!