Hostile comments from division heads; Have you heard worse?
A director of innovation who works in a commodities business shares via e-mail a few of the more unfriendly comments he has heard over the last several years from the executives in charge of business units at his company. “The last one is my favorite,” he writes. But he adds that dealing with objections and indifference is a big part of the Innovation Leader’s job: “Proving what the innovation team can deliver and gaining trust are huge.”
- “Stay out of my business.”
- “I don’t have the time or resources.”
- “You don’t understand our business.”
- “We need to focus on implementation.”
- “We have that covered.”
- “It must be nice to only have to innovate.”
Sound familiar? Have you been the recipient of even more hostile jabs? Post a comment if you would…... continued ...