Our Field Study returned to Boston, October 21-22, 2015, for two days of exclusive site visits and discussions:
- CVS Digital Innovation Lab — Tour CVS Health’s Digital Innovation Lab, get exclusive demos of new mobile and Internet projects, and visit with Chief Digital Officer Brian Tilzer (NYSE:CVS, $139.4 billion revenue in 2014).
- iRobot — Get hands-on demos of iRobot’s latest robotic home appliances, mobile videoconferencing systems, and bots for police and the military, and meet with founder and CEO Colin Angle to discuss how the company pioneers new markets (NASDAQ:IRBT, $556.9 million revenue in 2014).
- Microsoft Research — Visit the Microsoft New England Research & Development Center to discuss their research work, how they “plug in” to HQ, and meet with Jennifer Tour Chayes, who oversees Microsoft’s research teams in Cambridge and New York City (NASDAQ:MSFT; $86.8 billion revenue in 2014).
- MassMutual’s “Society of Grownups” — Visit the Society of Grownups, an innovative “learning initiative” run by MassMutual, and meet with founder Nondini Naqui (Private, mutual company; $26.4 billion revenue in 2014).
- Aeronaut Brewing Co. — Get a private tour and tasting at Aeronaut Brewing Co., one of Boston’s hottest microbreweries; Aeronaut’s Foods Hub is also home to food-related startups that make chocolate and roast coffee.
- Greentown Labs — Tour the energy and sustainability incubator Greentown Labs, a shared startup space and workshop that also hosts large corporations like Shell. Why? We’ll meet with Greentown’s staff and resident entrepreneurs to understand more.
- Conversations, Networking & More! — All that, plus Whiteboard sessions led by participants and invited speakers on issues that you want to explore (metrics, setting up labs, working with business units, deploying lean startup methodologies, etc.)